Viewing Booker Help & Wording
Viewings Arrangement Automation Explained
Please take a minute and read the following information. It's important for us to make sure that you totally understand our automation process and the different pieces of your personal data that is automatically shared with the potential tenant (also named below as attendee or user). We will look at the summarised process for 2 different scenarions: landlord using Viewing Booker to sell or let the property; and the pontential tenant looking for a place to rent or buy.
Scenario: Landlord looking to let or sell the property
- Lanlord sets up a new Property. This is a step by step process. Landlord is asked to provide the following information:
- Step 1: contact info (name, telephone number and email address), automated message and the viewing schedule title. The Property title is publically visible. Your contact details and the automated message are presented and emailed to the user after they book a viewing slot for your property.
- Step 2: property location (the geo coordinates and a full property address). This information is presented and emailed to the user after they book a Viewing Slot. This is a neccessary step so there is a minimum interaction and a maximum automation during the viewing arrangement process. We do not expect to be any further communication between the landlord and the potential tenant until the potential tenant actually turns up for a viewing.
- Step 3: viewings slots creation. The landlord will be able to create the viewings slots which can vary in a duration and a type (one potential tenant per slot or a group viewing). These slots will be publcially presented on the public viewing schedule page and the users will be able to choose the slot at the most convinient time.
- Step 4: calendar share. Once all of the above steps have been completed, the Landlord will be presented with a unique link to a public view of your Property which you can share in the different ways. On your ad, instead of people emailing you directly, they can be redirected to your Property public page and viewing booking can take place there instead.
- Landlord provides a link to the Property public page, which is placed within their ad on Gumtree, Spareroom etc. Some of those services prevent you from adding a link to an external resource, therefore an uploadable graphic is also provided. This graphic is uploaded with the pictures of your property.
- Landlord receives bookings for their viewing slots. Viewing slots can be amended or cancelled at any time. Cancelling a viewing slot which has bookings will also cancel them automatically and notify the tenants. Landlord is presented with a list of atendees organised by day and time of the day. Each booking at minimum will have a name of the atenee. Attendee can also add contact info such as email address and telephone number as well as a optional message which user enteres when booking a viewing slot.
- Landlords receives immediate notifications when tentnat cancelles the booking. Attedees list is also updated and viewing slot becomes available to be booked again.
- Landlords rents or sells the property. Calendar is archived and all future bookings for the property are automatically cancelled and attendees are being immediately notified.
It is important to mention here that once your data has been emailed to the pontential tenant (contact info & property location), as per our T&Cs Viewing Booker does not take any responsibility for it. We do provide suitable warning for both parties, to keep sensitive information safe and remove it when it's no longer needed. If this is something you don't feel comfortable with, please do not use our system. We are currently working on a new feature which will let you approve viewing booking requests before your data is presented to the user. This feature however, is not availbale at this moment.
Tenant is looking for a place to rent or live
- Instead of directly emailing landlord via services such as SpareRoom, Craigslist or Gumtree, tentnat visits the public page of Property. Tentant is presented with a calendar view, which has viewings slots listed at different days and times.
- Once selected viewing slots at a most convinitent time, tenant is asked to provide contact information: name, email address and telephone number. Name is the only requred field. Telephone number and email address are an optional fields, however we do encourage to enter those as well, shall anything happen, tenant will have an extra way to get in touch with you. You will also have a chance to enter an optional message, which along with your contact info will be immediately forwarded and presented to the landlord upon viewing slot booking completion.
- Tentnat is presented with a list of past, cancelled and upcoming viewings. These are organised by date and time. For upcoming viewings, user can inspect the details such as property location and contact details shared by the landlord.
- Tentnat is immedtely notified if viewing is cancelled and viewings list is automatically udpated.
- Tentnat receives viewing reminders on the day of the viewing taking place.
- For upcoming viewing slots, user can cancel the booking at any time with a single click. Optional cancellation message which is sent to the landlord along with tenant's cancellation notification can also be specified.
Schedule is not published
An active Property has been created for your account, however it is not publicly visible. If you are not sure how to set up a new virewing schedule, watch this short demonstration video - Video Tutorial: Calendar Management - setting up new Property.
If you are no longer planning to use this schedule, proceed to Properties and select Property you would like to archive. Once on viewing slots listing page, in the right side panel, click "Manage Schedule" button. You will then be redirected to the Property management section where there is a tab called "Archive". Click on the tab and confirm the operation. Watch this short tutorial if you need help - Video Tutorial: Property Management - archiving the schedule.
Schedule is archived
Archived Property is no longer publically visible. Archived Properties are automatically removed from the system after 6 months. If there were any upcoming viewings for this Property, they were automatically cancelled when you archived the schedule.
Setting up new Property
In order to create a new Property, click on "Create Property" button on Properties. Once you've entered a name of the schedule, you will presented with the wizard. Proceed with the wizard until you are presented with public Property link
If you are not sure how to get started, please watch our short video tutorial - Video Tutorial: Property Management - creating new Property
Single booking viewing slot
Select this option if you only want a single person to attend this viewing. When slot is booked, it is no longer available for further bookings.
Multi booking viewing slot
This option allows multiple tenants to book this viewing slot. If you are to host a group viewing session, this is an option you need to select. You can specify an optional limit of bookings or leave it blank for an unlimited number of bookings that will be accepted.
Removing your account
Your account can be removed at any time. Please proceed to Account Removal. When ready, please click on the red "Remove your account" button.
Please note that if you have any active Property or upcoming viewing bookings on your account, you will not be able to remove your account, until you archive all your active viewing schedules and cancel all your upcoming viewing bookings.
When removed, all the sensitive information related to your account i.e. Properties, viewing bookings etc. will be permanently removed off our system. You will not be able to recover any of those items. For system integrity, we will leave a trace of your Properties or viewing bookings with all your personal information removed. This info however is completly removed after 6 months.
Low on available slots
This message indicates that number of available viewing slots for your Property is low. Usually, you'll see this message if number of available viewing slots drop below the minimum (1). If you shared this Property publicly, you need to immediately create new viewing slots, as otherwise users will not be able to book a viewing for your property. See how you can add a viewing slot to your Property.
Archiving a Vewings Schedule
If you are no longer planning to use a schedule, proceed to Properties and select Property you would like to archive. Once on viewing slots listing page, in the right side panel, click "Manage Schedule" button. You will then be redirected to the Property management section where there is a tab called "Archive". Click on the tab and confirm the operation. Watch this short tutorial if you need help - Video Tutorial: Property Management - archiving the schedule.
Creting New Viewing Slot
In order to create a viewing slot, proceed to Properties. Select a Property to which you'd like to add more viewing slots. On viewing slots listing page, in the right sidebar, click on "Add Viewing Slots". Select day, time, duration and type of the slot. Click "Add". Calendar view will then get updated and your newly added viewing slot will become available for accepting booking(s).
If you are not sure how to set up a new Property or add a viewing slot to an existing property schedule, watch this short demonstration video - Video Tutorial: Property Management - creating new property Property.
Cancelling Viewings / Viewing Bookings
If you simply need to remove or change a previously created viewing slot, proceed to Properties. Select a Property for which you'd like to change a viewing slot. For "Future, Booked" or "Future" viewing slot, you will be able to select "Manage" option and either cancel entire viewing slot of an individual booking. You will also be able to amend an existing viewing slot. You can watch this short demonstration video - Video Tutorial: Property Management - viewing slots management
Sharing Your Property
You can share your Property in different ways. You can for instance use facebook share functionality.
If you'd like to link your Property to an online ad, the process will vary. On craigslist for instance, all you need to do is copy and paste your public calendar link into your online ad.
Some website however would not let you insert any external links into your advert content. A good example would be Gumtree or SpareRoomYou There are 2 different ways to approach this issue. You can use for example a Property identifier. It is basically a part of your unique calendar link. Everything after "https://viewingbooker.com/" is your calendar identifier. Knowing your unique schedule identifier will let your potential tentants find your schedule on our system. There is a "Find Property" option on our homepage. On your online ad page, you just need to include a little sentence such as "Please book your viewing slot on ViewingBooker. Our Property identifier is XYZ".
Alternative option is uploading a special image which you upload along with the photos of your property to services like SpareRoom or Gumtree. To generate an uploadable graphic or get unique Property indentifier, proceed to Properties, select Property which you would like to share. On viewing slots listing page, in right sidebar panel, select "Manage Schedule". Once on management page, share "Schedule Share".
Property Credits & Free Account Limit
In most cases, using Viewing Booker is completly free. Little fee only applies if you need to manage more than 3 Properties at the time. Viewing Booker lets you have a limited number of active Property at the time. If you need to add another schedule, you can do so by archiving one of your active schedules or simply buy an extra Property credit(s). Extra schedule costs only $1.25 (when buying a bulk of 20) or $1.99 if you only buy one. This little fee let us constanly improve our product and develop its new features. Each purchase is your little investment in making Viewing Booker better tool for your business.
Your free account limit will always remain the same. Viewing Schedule credits don't have an expiration date. They will be stored on your account and used only when you add an extra schedule while reaching your free account limit. When you go below your free account limit, adding extra Property won't cost you a credit.